Welcome to My Blog

A multi -faceted look at one Chinese woman's life. including musings about travelling and family life...

Wednesday 10 February 2010

More Local Pictures

So much for the heavy snowfall forecast for this week.  Instead we have had glorious sunshine for three full days! (Not that I'm complaining...)  I went for a walk along Loughshore yesterday which is about 3 minutes drive from my home.   Loughshore is a seaside promenade walk that has a children's park/caravan park as well as being the location for concerts and real circuses.
For tourists, no visit to Newtownabbey would be complete without taking in the breathtaking view of the shore!

In the distance the Kilroot Power station chimney can be seen. Close up it looks like an upside down cigarette.

In the above picture, 'Cavehill' (more info) can be seen from the opposite direction from the shoreline.
(I apologise for the quality of the 2nd photo , it was taken on my mobile. Anyway,I hope it gives you insight on my hometown in Northern Ireland , a place renowned for it's really beautiful scenery and landscapes. I for one am proud of my country!).

2 comments:

#41x14 said...

this walk looks lovely! you're inspiring me to get out and walk along the beach today!

cheers!
rootmix
swap-bot

Jenny said...

Glad to hear that! I am looking forward to sharing even more through my blog....hope you have a nice day.

Ryan sings......